OPS Bargaining Telephone Town Halls February 18 and 19
To All OPS Members:
Your bargaining teams continue to try to reach a fair and reasonable settlement for Ontario Public Service members. However, the employer has refused to change its position and is still demanding sweeping concessions and wage freezes in the contract.
At the Central/Unified table, the employer has served notice to begin negotiating Essential and Emergency Services Agreements, which is another step closer to the government triggering a legal strike or lockout. Please join us for one of these three tele-town halls to talk about OPS bargaining and next steps.
- Wednesday, February 18: 7:55 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Eastern
- Thursday, February 19: 12:25 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Eastern
- Thursday, February 19: 7:55 p.m.-9:00 p.m. Eastern
If your phone number is in our database, you will get a phone call a few minutes before the event is about to start. All you need to do is stay on the line if you wish to participate.
If you do not get a call, dial 877-229-8493 at any time during the hour. Use ID Code: 112847
You may choose to listen only or follow the instructions on the call to ask questions or make comments.
- Warren (Smokey) Thomas, President, OPSEU
- Eduardo (Eddy) Almeida, 1st Vice-President/Treasurer, OPSEU
- Roxanne Barnes, Chair, Central/Unified Bargaining Team
- Tom O’Neill, Chair, Corrections Bargaining Team
Support and Resources for the four speakers listed above:
- Ron Langer, Vice-Chair, Central/Unified Bargaining Team
- Gord Longhi, Vice-Chair, Corrections Bargaining Team
- Ruth Hamilton, OPS Supervisor/Negotiator, Central/Unified Team
- Anastasios Zafiriadis, Negotiator, Corrections Team
- Barry Casey, A/Administrator of Local Services and EES Coordinator